Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fast Facts and Short Stories

Ok this is more or less just a list of random shit I meant to tell somebody...

 Things/ Customs/ Cultural stuff...
 In Thai your head is sacred and your feet are the dirtiest part of your body. So you never touch anyone's head or pick up anything with your feet, nor should you EVER point your feet at someone.

 Barter for everything, including rent and except food. Never barter for food, it's rude and basically translates into their food being worth less.

Don't step over things step around them. Things being under your feet= BAD.

95% of the toilets in Bangkok are not built to flush toilet paper. This includes the one in my apartment.

Short Stories...

A middle aged Italian man sat down across from me at Au Bon Pain where I grabbed a coffee waiting for my interview. He told me he was there for work, had come in today, and was planning to visit Pattaya then go to China. Having spent the last two weeks living in Pattaya, I know they offer a different type of tourism industry. He then invited me to come with him to Pattaya and the islands. Bitch I've seen Taken, 1 and 2, and I ain't going NOWHERE.  Anyways, the interview went really well and they offered me a second one at their branch in Fashion Island. The second interview with AUA also went well and they offered me the job the next day.

While shopping at the Thai equivalent of Walmart, but less cheap ( I accidentally spent $85 of a blanket), Karisa and I were looking at shoes when a group of Thai young teenage boys started yelling Yo at us. I think it means something different in Thai, but he kept pointing to my back and gesturing wildly. I realized he was talking about my tattoo and he started imitating a tattoo machine which was weird. Then he started doing more inappropriate gestures at least in English they were so we walked away. I am considering getting another tattoo although I have nowhere to put it, I want the experience of the famous bamboo style machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment