Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homoeroticism, an Old Man, and Abe Lincoln on the 5 Dollar Bill


Okay, so I did something worthwhile or at least interesting today. I left my apartment and went to the MOCA. Bangkok's newest Museum of Contemporary Art. It was in interesting place indeed. With many interesting things indeed... Upon entering there is a life size Salvador Dali painting a portrait which you can sit in and take a picture in. 


There is a theme of homo-eroticism in lots of Thai Art
from what I saw
 So that's cool. There's also three bronze statues of horses. One of which contains two horses on top of each other, licking one another's balls. The irony is added to this by the title of the work, "Adam and Steve." I haven't figured out how to interpret that yet. Anyways the first floor contains some gorgeous work of Thai photographers. Also some phenomenal painting. A reoccurring theme of life and death, along with breasts on pretty much everything including free floating breasts. I'm not sure if this somehow represents giving life or fertility or what, but I hope to look into it...maybe.
My Favorite


Either way the museum was beautiful and afterwards I went for a two hour Thai massage to counter the week of sleeping on my brick called a bed. Thai massage, as I said before is always an experience. This time the woman dug her knees into my ass cheeks while putting her elbow on my shoulder blades and went in the crazy circular motion. It was...riveting? I don't know honestly they are quite painful for at least the first thirty minutes before it can even begin to feel good, but walking away I felt good and it as $10 for 2 hours so I'll be back. When I thought about this post during my massage, it was a lot funnier and longer in my head, but ya'll like pictures anyways so I'm just going to flood you with the best ones from today. Last day of training tomorrow!!!

Take a good look at this one. It has Obama in the sternum of the ribcage and Abe Lincoln on the 5 dollar bill on top of some Thai Baht.

Also, I was recently informed that several states are "petitioning to succeed from the Union". If you actually think this sounds like a reasonable action get off my page! Good luck taking away my rights and trying to re-enslave black people.

No comments:

Post a Comment