Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mugshots or Tequila shots?

      This week of training has been...a week of training for 8 hour days and an hour commute each way. That said I really like everyone I'm training with. I think I said that already, actually I am positive I did, but I want to tell you some more about them. Normally, there's that one person in the group that sucks, but that's not the case here. Nadia, is the Thai girl who's going to teach me to cook and works at Fashion with me as a PT. Ben is a  Brit who kind of looks like Harry from McFly, and Sam is an American from Georgia that looks like he belongs on a yacht at all times. I wish everyone was coming to Fashion with us, especially this girl, Tip. She's Thai and absolutely hilarious. She's really petite and excited a lot and she doodles drawings of either Samara from The Ring on all of her papers or a picture of a monk standing next to a dog. Both of which I find absolutely hysterical... 
Example A
     All the Thai girlfriends I've met have been extremely open and honest with me, honestly to a surprising level for having just met me a week ago. We have a final day of training for IT on Monday that gets out early and I've invited a bunch of the girls over for dinner and maybe a movie after. I'm a little nervous to make dinner, but I'm going to aim for something they haven't had a lot so they won't be able to tell if it's bad and I'm definitely not making Thai food. That said I finally got to go grocery shopping and buy real food so I'm going to get more comfortable with my kitchen this weekend.
     I went to pick up my visa pictures that I had taken a few days ago and they came out hilarious. The woman asked me if I wanted to see and when she showed me I just bust out laughing. Then she started laughing too and we just stared at my picture together and laughed. You aren't allowed to smile, but at least I look like a classy criminal. My mugshots better be that fierce, call Tyra!
      Tuesday I start at Fashion. I'm feeling quite conflicted about whether to move or not. For starters, I don't have a car to move and I'm acquiring more shit that would make it even more difficult to move. Also, I'm not crazy about moving away from the MRT line to where I can only get to one by an hour van. However, Fashion is a cheaper place to live and the commute wouldn't cost me at least $130 USD out of pocket ( in addition to my travel stipend). Plus, with utilities here and a possibly 8,000 baht commute I'm looking at living and travel expenses being about 20,000 baht alone and that's WAY too much. Either way I won't have the funds to move for at least a few months and I should probably get past the probation period first, which is 119 days.
   This unfortunately means that I can't take any days off until three months have passed. Which means when Amir comes I can't take any time off, but thankfully I have about 7 days off while he's here anyways because it's the holiday season and I get two days off a week anyways. YAY!!! I'm super excited and he'll be here for the Full Moon party in Koh Phangan which is going to be awesome I believe. Finally get to be with this handsome stud who I now haven't seen in almost two years now...that should be a crime.
        Last night, I went out with all the trainees for some drinks. We had a really good time, but I left somewhat early with the girls because I was so tired. I think some of the girls may be coming over for dinner and a movie on Monday after training and some happy hour drinks, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment