Monday, November 19, 2012

The Joys of Life: Food & Friends

      Had such an awesome night with all my new friends from training. I hope I can stay in touch with all of them, even though we'll be working at different branches. Being in my own kitchen as it was taken over by Thai girls, it reminded me of my own family. Chattering away while chopping and peeling more food than ever would be necessary to feed six girls. That's what reminded me of my family the most. The amount of food bought was obscene, yet unlike my Jewish relatives, almost everything was finished. I now have a fully stocked kitchen too, with everything I'd need in it (or so I think) to make some authentic Thai food. The made fried chicken wings marinated in soy sauce and garlic which was delicious and fairly easy from the looks of it. Also fried chicken skins and the chili garlic chicken that Nadia made. There was also a dish Kat made with chicken, Thai eggplant, mini corns, chilis, and a few other things I think. It looked like it was going to be extremely spicy, but it was just delicious. Afterwards, we sat around and had girl chatter for a few hours. It was really nice and I am so glad to have met them all. Hopefully, we will all be able to hang out again, maybe make it a monthly thing or something. I definitely want to stay in touch with all of them. I also  hope I can see the other people from training in the future at big corporate events and parties.



       In other news the training today was boring, but I found out I'm not supposed to ask for leave until March 8th, which really sucks. My first day actually teaching is tomorrow starting at 12pm to 9pm. We'll see how the commute goes in the morning. I'm getting  hours of prep and then I'm observing a class before I teach my first one at 6 I think. It should be a fun day. Wish I had some new clothes to wear, but that'll have to wait until next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment