Thursday, May 29, 2014

Is There Even a Song with South Dakota in it?



I've decided to do this travel section of my blog a little differently. As some of you may know from my previous post I am now in South Dakota after driving through an abyss of corn, cows, and Jesus billboards for three days. For the next two weeks I will be living on a ranch taking care of and training wild horses. It's pretty awesome. A few have never been ridden before, others ridden unsuccessfully and so on. There's only seven of them. On the four hundred and eighty acre ranch they have free reign over about a hundred and twenty acres, which can make for some long walks to catch them, but I digress. Doing things differently. I'm going to try and make a point of doing something for the first time each day I am here. 


So for example, today I did a few firsts:
 May 29th.
 I herded cattle in a pick up truck.
 I thought to myself 'I'd like to know how to drive a tractor'
 I wore cowboy boots in all seriousness.

 Even yesterday I tackled a few...
May 28th.
I saw the Sioux Falls of South Dakota.
I lied and told someone I "didn't mind cats"

 The Day before...
May 27th
I embarked on a three day road trip and volunteered to work for free in a state I'd never been to with a sixty seven year old man I hardly know.


Sounds like an adventure, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment