Monday, February 10, 2014

Shredding Gnar on Hunting Bucks with Dirty White Russians

I'm baaaaack... It's been a good long while and I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting. I never got a chance to wrap up Bangkok but long story short it was more than I ever could have asked for. Jam-packed with stuff. Work wrapped up, I started seeing a very charming young British man, who bless his soul, relieved me of all my kitchen equipment and then some,  AND I had an awesome goodbye shindig.



 I was sad to leave and it came at a time where a lot of things seemed to be falling into place.. However, the Thai government seemed to be falling out of place so my departure didn't have the worst timing.  That said my departure was bitter sweet as there was a level of uncertainty as to when I'd see some great friends next. I do realize now that it doesn't matter whether I see them in this life or the next I'll always hold a place for them. It was such a year of learning and although I'm sure most of them aren't reading this there's quite a few thank you's I want to throw out. Nuchi, thanks me for teaching me how to dress, A-ya and Jai, for teaching me how to be a lady ;) Sam and Ben how to be a Hot Mess ( as opposed to a Luke warm one). To the whole family that I was so lucky to be apart of and to the family that took care of me when I needed it most it couldn't have been a better year nor could it have ended any other way. So khap khun mak ka to all of you.

Back in America I had a lot of business to attend to. Medical attention was first on the list. After months of awaiting clarity on news of ulcers and ovaries I got nothing, except a Russian doctor. And that did not go well. Laying on a metal table in the process of my third ultrasound that day, the technician asked where I was and what happened then continued on about how she'd never seen my kind of scar for the surgery I had. When I asked her if everything was still intact, she responded "Oh I'm not allowed to discuss your results with you."  "Is that a joke?" Two weeks and another appointment later, I found out my organs hadn't been harvested and in fact they didn't leave anything behind, the doctors just did a shitty job closing the deal and by deal I mean they slapped my muscles together like a sloppy joe and then stitched it up like a raggedy Ann doll. 


Fast forward a week and a half through holiday times with the family and seeing the Bangkok girls Amanda and Hilary in SanFran and resume in Colorado. A friend in Bangkok had suggested I could work at her aunt and uncle's in the mountain town I was going to, so I called them up when I arrived and a week later I was working there as a barista and bartender. It was fucking awesome. Such a great place with super awesome people to work with. The nice thing about working in the mountains rather than the city is for some reason assholes are deterred from the mountains.  I lived there for two months with my friend from college and her three roommates and awesome dog. I got to snowboard whenever...fo free! Rode a snowmobile, went to hockey games, drank Fireball, and made my first Christmas dinner.
 Such a cultural immersion, let me tell you. But seriously, it was such a fun two months and I'm glad I decided to stay there for two months and work rather than just two weeks  because I met so many wonderful people out of that short experience. However, I know that all good things must come to an end...but only so I can start more good things somewhere else. Which is why in less than twenty four hours I'll be on a plane to Colombia...

No comments:

Post a Comment